This workshop has been re-located to the GPA Office at 13 Corporate Blvd. NE, Suite 220, Atlanta, GA. It was previously scheduled to be off-site, but it has been moved back to our office.
The purpose of this workshop is to offer psychologists working with marital and couple therapy a means of addressing the systemic patterns that not only cause, but actually reinforce distress and gridlock in marriages. We will identify the various forms of distressed patterns that play out in marriages as well as learn to harness the emotional processes that drive them.
The workshop will offer didactic information and video recordings of actual sessions to demonstrate the technique and processes, as well as exercises for the participants to be able to practice what they are learning and get a “feel” for working in this manner.
CE Hours: 6
1. Describe how attachment process contribute to reactivity between partners
2. Describe how attachment processes contribute to interpersonal closeness and interaction
3. Describe the 4 steps of the EFT process model associated with de-escalation
4. Describe how emotion is used to define and delineate the interpersonal distress underlying reactivity
5. List the systemic skills and interventions used in delineating reactivity between partners
About the Presenter:
Michael Barnett has been practicing psychotherapy since 1988 and is currently in private practice in Northeast Atlanta where he has been for over 15 years. His practice spans the scope of individual, group, and couples’ psychotherapy as well as supervision, consultation and certification training for other professionals. Although his practice is general in nature, his areas of specialty are marriage and couple’s therapy, adolescent psychotherapy, addictive disorders and the treatment of mood disorders.
Early Bird Registration
(Must be postmarked on or before February 20, 2015 to receive this rate.)
(After February 20, 2015)
- $130: GPA Members
- $50: Student GPA Members (Will not receive a CE certificate)
- $195: Non-members
Must be logged into member profile to receive member rate.
- $140: GPA Members
- $60: Student Members (Will not receive a CE certificate)
- $205: Non-members
must cancel within five (5) business days through Amy Dietrich only via email or phone (contacting
other staff members/leadership does not guarantee your cancellation.)
Email confirmations will be sent to callers who cancel via the phone. No
faxes or mail cancellations will be accepted.
Cancellation Fee: $35
The Georgia Psychological Association is proud to sponsor and support
a wide variety of workshops throughout the year as an APA approved
sponsor of Continuing Education.