Full Title: From Freud and Jung to Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness: Navigating the Path to Modern Neuroscience
This interactive program takes participants on a journey of neuroscience from Freud and Jung to the modern day of emotional intelligence and mindfulness. If we had the sophistication of brain science then, how would we explain the psychodynamics of Freud and Jung? Well, now we can explore how the brain:
- functions in the process of dealing with the unconscious
- is healed by therapy
- is affected by falling in love
- can be trained to do the “right thing” with mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- is explained by modern-day explorers like Paul Ekman, Jaak Pankepp and Antonio Damasio
- 4:15pm-5:00pm: Pre-workshop Mixer (Light refreshments provided)
- 5:00pm-8:00pm: Workshop
- Explain classic Freudian and Jungian concepts in terms of modern neuroscience principles
- Describe the brain functions utilized in the learning of mindfulness, meditation and in making “right” decisions.
- Utilize the 5 steps leading to effective use of emotional intelligence and deep empathy according to the neuroscience model of Antonio Damasio
CE: 3 hours
About the Presenter:
Dr. David Ryback is an internationally recognized authority on emotional and social intelligence in the workplace. A respected consultant, speaker and seminar leader across the U.S., Europe and Asia, he remains at the forefront of the latest research on applications of emotional awareness and related aspects of business communication.He is recognized for his ability to touch minds and hearts while providing practical, easy-to-follow instructions that can enhance fulfillment at work, accelerate success and improve team-building skills.
His most recent achievements include the books, Psychology of Champions (Praeger), about the formula for ongoing success based on interviews with sports legends and super-athletes; and ConnectAbility (McGraw-Hill), about building strong partnerships with your customers.After publishing his book on emotional intelligence in 1998, Dr. Ryback founded his consulting and speaking business, EQ Associates International in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Ryback is author of several books, including Putting Emotional Intelligence to Work, as well as over 60 professional articles and innumerable book reviews.
Early Bird Registration (Must be postmarked on or before September 8, 2016 to receive this rate.)
- $70: GPA Members
- $105: Non-members
- $20: GPA Student Members
Registration (After September 8, 2016)
- $80: GPA Members
- $115: Non-members
- $30: GPA Student Members
Must be logged into member profile to receive member rate.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to Amy Dietrich via email (email@example.com). A $35 cancellation fee will be charged for any cancellations prior to September 15, 2016. No refunds will be given after September 15, 2016.
The Georgia Psychological Association is proud to sponsor and support a wide variety of workshops throughout the year as an APA approved sponsor of Continuing Education.