This workshop will provide an overview of the state of the science in regards to assessment of anxiety and depression in children. The Children’s Depression Inventory 2nd Edition (CDI 2; Kovacs, 2011), and the Multidimensional Anxiety Scale for Children 2nd Edition (MASC 2; March, 2012) will be featured, including structure, content, psychometrics, administration, and interpretation of the measures. The rate of co-morbidity between depression and anxiety, disparities among youth, and best practices as suggested by the literature will also be reviewed.
By the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the state of the science in regards to assessment of internalizing disorders in children
- Describe the CDI 2 and MASC 2, including essential features and scale structures
- Describe the psychometric properties of the CDI 2 and MASC 2
- Explain the procedures for administration, scoring and reporting for both the CDI 2 and MASC 2
- Describe comorbidity of anxiety and depression in youth, and best practices during the assessment process
CE: 1.5 hours (For Georgia licenses, this would qualify under Area V.)
About the Presenter:
Elizabeth M. Schneider, PhD, is an Assessment Consultant for Healthcare at Multi-Health Systems, Inc. (MHS). Elizabeth earned her masters and doctoral degrees at the University of South Carolina, and her residency at Miami Children’s Hospital. She completed a Pediatric Psychology Fellowship at the University of Florida. Elizabeth has served patients and families in both inpatient and outpatient settings, including hospitals, clinics, schools, private practice, and residential care. Her areas of focus have included chronic illness and developmental disorders. She has numerous peer-reviewed publications and has been involved in several NIH-funded studies focused on improving health outcomes in youth. She is a licensed psychologist and is also credentialed by the National Register for Health Psychologists.
Must be logged into member profile to receive member rate.
- $15: GPA Members
- $35: Non-Members
- Free: GPA Student Members
There are no refunds for this event. The webinar will be recorded.
The Georgia Psychological Association is proud to sponsor and support a wide variety of workshops throughout the year as an APA approved sponsor of Continuing Education.