The Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards are designed to recognize organizations for their efforts to foster employee health and well-being while enhancing organizational performance.
The Georgia Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
Since 1999, Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards have been presented to organizations by state, provincial and territorial psychological associations with support from the American Psychological Association. The award program highlights a variety of workplaces, large and small, profit and non-profit, in diverse geographical settings.
Applicants are evaluated on their efforts in the following five areas:
- Employee Involvement
- Work-Life Balance
- Employee Growth and Development
- Health and Safety
- Employee Recognition
Thank you to this year's supporters of the 2016 Georgia Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards!
Atlanta Center for Behavioral Medicine
Ren Massey, PhD
Richard Blue, PhD, ABPP
Why Apply for a Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award?
Receiving the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the Georgia Psychological Association can give your organization the recognition it deserves for the value you place on creating a positive work environment. Award winners may be featured in the media, honored at special award events, recognized by community leaders and nominated for national recognition.
Psychologically healthy workplace practices can help you:
- Demonstrate your commitment to the health and well-being of your employees
- Attract and retain top-quality talent
- Engage employees
- Enhance organizational performance
- Respond to employee expectations
- Control healthcare costs
Apply for the 2016 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award (Georgia)
Click here to apply for the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award (GA).
- After registering online and completing the initial application, you will be contacted by a representative from the Georgia Psychological Association with more information about the application process.
- After completing your application with the representative's assistance, the Psychology in the Workplace Network Committee will review your application.
- A site-visit will be conducted.
- Winners will be notified of the decision by August 15, 2016.
- An award ceremony will be held on Wednesday, August 31, 2016.
- Winners may be nominated to the national level and may require additional steps.
2016 Award FAQ
- What is the deadline for the application to be submitted? July 1, 2016
- How can I apply? You must apply online. Click here to apply.
- When will I find out if I won? August 15, 2016
- When and where is the award ceremony? The ceremony will take place during the morning of Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at Park Tavern, Atlanta, GA. Attendees will enjoy a breakfast while networking, followed by the award program.
- Who will be invited to the award ceremony? 2016 state winners, the Psychology in the Workplace Network Committee, GPA staff, GPA leadership, community leaders and media representatives
Questions? Contact Amy Han Dietrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (404) 634-6272, ext. 208.